9/1/16 – Due to lack of car count we have canceled the ASCS winged Sprint Cars for this weekend.
We will have the USRA Stock cars, Modifieds, B Modified, Limited Modifieds, Hobby Stocks and the NOW Mini Sprints both nights. The Sport Compacts will only race Saturday night.
This is our last race for the season and we will have a silent auction that benefits the San Juan Regional Medical Foundation. We will be giving away the last of the custom BBQ grill and the last Bicycle. Our 2016 Cancer Race T Shirts will be available for purchase for $10.
Come out and support a good cause and see some of the best racing before the season ends.
Aztec Speedway presents the Davey Phillips Memorial Hobby Stock and Stock Car Shoot Out on June 18, 2016 at 7PM.
See the Full 2016 Aztec Speedway Race Schedule
2016 updates, please read
First we have changed sanction bodies to USRA. This is a win/win for both drivers and the track itself. This switch should make a little more affordable for you racers to race on a weekly basis and it is less costly for us handling the track. In these economic times every dollar counts. The USRA rules are in the rules section or on their web site, United States Racing Association.
Second we have teamed up with the Aztec Boys and Girls Club in their annual Harley Davidson Motorcycle Giveaway. On April 9th Aztec Boys and Girls Club will be at Aztec Speedway to giveaway the bikes. You shouldn’t miss that night. Come out and support them by purchasing a ticket –you never know it might be your lucky day.
Third our Hobby Stock class will follow the same rules we used last season but with some minor changes; these are to try to make this class less costly also. These changes are:
- Car with driver must weigh a minimum of 3150 lbs. after any race.
- Tire /wheel rule, 7 inch tire/wheel with any all season DOT tire ( no mud and snow ) on a 7 inch wheel and up to a 1 inch offset on wheel or a 1 inch spacer on any wheel end
- Optional tires/wheels are 8 inch wide take offs of modified or stock cars on an 8 inch wheel with 4 off center. If using this tire/wheel option, there is no spacing of tire/wheel on spindle/axle. (You cannot use new tires they must be take offs of the stated classes.)
Fourth we have a new touring series in the USRA divisions. The Witten’s Warriors Racing Series will be traveling to neighboring tracks to raise money for the Carrie Tingley Hospital for Cerebral Palsy Awareness. This will make it somewhat easier to win a USRA National Championship without leaving the state of New Mexico.
Come out and enjoy the races this year.
Remember the Rules
As a reminder:
- No non race personal vehicles beyond pit gates. (Exceptions are track employees and ones going to handicap parking with a handicap sticker or permission from track management. Pit girls will have a list.) This also pertains to handicap in the grandstands.
- Absolutely no drinking in pits until after the last race of the night. Anyone caught drinking will be fined and subject to suspension.
- If there is a possibility of rainout wait until the call has been made.
Drivers remember the following items are required at Aztec Speedway:
- Mufflers in all classes
- All safety gear without tears, chips, cracks, or holes
- In Modified, SportMod, and Stock Cars valid USRA License
- Portable fire extinguisher to be in pit area
- Receivers in all classes
- Transponders in all classes (we have a few to rent out)
Looking back at 2015
2015 Witten’s Warrior Event
April 11, 2015
Border States Racing Series